Thursday, March 8, 2007

New TAC Creations

I want to share some new projects with you. I participated in a couple of swaps and both of these first cards were from those. The swaps were Specific Set Swaps so we had a stamp set assigned that we had to use on our card. The first stamp set was Pretty Posies. Can you believe that I didn't really like this set when it was first released? I LOVE it now! Here is what I came up with for that swap:
I wanted to focus more on the leaves in this set than the flowers, just to give it a unique look. The only stamp set that I used on this card is Pretty Posies, so you can see the assortment of stamps that you get with this set (plus others that I didn't use as well). The leaves on the Ivory cardstock are stamped with Landscape Palette Ink from TAC and then I used a colored pencil to highlight the leaves with brown shading. The leaves at the top, stamped on the Navy cardstock, are stamped with Moonlight White Brilliance Ink. I stamped the flowers with TAC Prussian Blue Palette Ink and then used a dove blender and my aquacolor crayons to color them in. I also took a Burnt Umber Palette pad and went around the edges of the Ivory cardstock to highlight it a little. The panel with the leaves and the word blossom stamped on it are up on pop dots (LOVE those things!!).
The next swap was for the stamp set Beautiful Places. I made a window card using that set. Here is the final result:
I punched a 2 inch circle in the top piece of the card and then traced the circle on the white base of the card underneath with a very light pencil. Now I knew where to stamp my image. I opened the card up, stamped the Beautiful Places stamp and then erased the pencil line (after the ink was completely dry) using a white eraser. On the front of the card I stamp the sentiment and the top panel of the card and then used a dove blender and aquacolor crayons to color in the image on the inside of the card. The ribbon is from Hobby Lobby. Here is what the inside of the card looks like:

I have had just enough time to make one card from the TAC's New Spring Supplement. It isn't my favorite card and may rework it as some point but it was fun to do!
To color this card I used colored pencils and odorless mineral spirits and a blending stump. I then used glaze gelly pens on top of the jewels in the treasure chest to give them shine and a little bit of dimension--those pens are so much fun! After I colored in the image I used a sponge to distress the edges. I then took a piece of Kraft paper, tore the inside of it out and then crumpled it into a ball. I unrolled it, inked it and then placed it on top of the image. The little map in the corner is adhered with a pop dot and I sponged it as well. The sentiment is stamped on a panel that you can pull out to reveal the message. I thought that that was a fun way to do the sentiment because it goes along with finding treasure theme. Here is what it looks like when that panel is pulled out:

I plan to do some more work with the Supplement stamps soon! Check back for more ideas soon!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I love the Pretty Posies card!! You shaded the leaves awesome! I like how you focused on them instead of the flowers!

Sarah said...

Great cards, Jen. I just placed a big order and I have several of the sets from the Spring supplement coming. I like your card with the Pirate set. Im not sure how often I'll use that set...but it's sooo cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...