Thursday, March 5, 2009

Damask, Damask Everywhere!


You can't help but notice that the damask prints are showing up everywhere! You see them in clothing, in bedding, in home decor, on china and even in patio furniture. How much fun then, to incorporate it into cards & scrapbook pages!


I have been excited to use the new "Victorian Elements" set from TAC's new Serendipity. What a fun and trendy stamp set that goes right along with the hottest fashions out!

Here's a card that I'm really loving that I made today with this new set. It was fast & easy to put together. The main image is one from the "Victorian Elements" set and it is stamped on the BACK side of a blue/green Bazzill piece of paper with Jumbo Java VersaMagic ink.

I cut the red DCWV strip with my cloud scissors--which I use all the time. The button is from the new In Bloom Buttons & Blossoms set. I learned this fun trick from Laurie. You take and thread scrappers's floss through the button holes and "tie" the ribbon on by knotting your floss around the ribbon. Fun, easy, simple & eye-catching! I attached the button to the card using my Designer Dries Clear Glue. It holds SOOOO well.

Hopefully, I'll have a scrapbook page to share with you using this same set soon!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Super card! :) Love your damask sample build up too...how fun! I just got mine yesterday, can't wait to cut them out. Great inspiration here - thanks!!

Sarah G. said...

These are gorgeous!!! I need that new stamp set now. Lovely colors!

Sarah G.

Barb said...

Beautiful card, Jennifer! Love that set even more now!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...