Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sweet Things

During April if you place a $30 order, you can also purchase three stamp sets that you won't find in the catalogue and that are only available during this month. I couldn't resist these little cupcakes and I wanted to show you a few cards I made with them. What a fun set for birthdays & celebrations (and even friendship cards!).

Aren't these colors yummy? I love them! I used orange monochromatic Bazzill and Robin's Egg 1 DCWV paper. I colored the image with my watercolor crayons and a dove blender. I've been playing with different ways to tie a bow and I love this one!

Here's a closeup of the sparkles on the frosting. I made these with the glitter pens.

The next card has another yummy color combination and it's just perfect for fluffy cupcakes! The image was colored with watercolor crayons again and I put pink stickles on the cherry.

Here's a closeup of the bow. It doesn't have a center knot. I laid it how I wanted it and then tied scrapper's floss around it to secure it and then tied the floss off by threading it through the button holes and tying. I really like the result. I glued the bow onto the flat ribbon.

This promotion will be ending at the end of this month, so be sure to place your $30 order and add on the "Sweet Things" cupcakes (or the other special stamp sets available this month too, shown in the post before). Oh, and guess what? There's also special sets available in May & June too but you'll have to wait to see those!

3 comments:

kssdesigns said...

Nice color combos. Thanks for the side view of the ribbon. I could have used this the other day when I was making a card. I'll have to file this idea for future use! Thanks!

Kim said...

These are both gorgeous cards!Your bow is fabulous too!!

Debra Hensley said...

Great cards Jen! I love the ribbon especially!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...