Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tag Box Favors

Hi everyone!  I'm always on the hunt for ideas for party favors for school and our church women's events.  Today I'm going to share one that I found that is super easy to make and lots of fun and can be used for many different occassions!

I found a template online for a tag box and then had my husband convert it into an svg file for me to cut on my cricut. This saved me so much time! If you would like the template that you can cut by hand, you can find it here. If you would like the .svg file for this template to cut on your electronic machine, you can download it here.

Let's start with Christmas...


This tag box could be decorated so many ways!  I kept this one fairly simple.  Don't you just love the twine from The Twinery through the buttons?  The colors together are perfect for a traditional Christmas color scheme! I used Maraschino & Peapod colors of twine.  How about a closer look?


I wanted to make this box in a couple of other holiday themes, so next on my list was one for a birthday.


Aren't those colors so much fun?  And the twine matches perfectly!  I used the Lemondrop & Pink Sorbet twine.


I used copics to color the cupcake and then used a blender pen to make the cupcake polka dotted.  Who can resist a polka dotted cupcake?  So cute!  Inside the bag I placed a bunch of candy, great for a birthday party!

And last, but not least, I made another tag box with a Valentine's Day theme.


For this one, I made an accordion flower for the center of the box with a decorated middle.  I sewed the twine through the white circle piece using a very sharp needle with a large head and then through the button holes and tied the twine to make a bow.  I also wrapped the twine around the box a couple of times.


This twine is the Maraschino twine and it is a perfect red!  I found a bag of old fashioned mints that were already wrapped and waiting for a home.  They slipped inside this box perfectly!

I hope you enjoyed these boxes!  They are a lot of fun to make!  Thank you for stopping by!

Christmas Box Supplies
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (PTI) Fillable Frames 10, Polka Dot Basics & Holiday Wishes
Paper:  Kraft & White
Ink:  PTI Pure Poppy & Palette Giverny Green
Other: Twinery Maraschino & Peapod Green Twine, Pure Poppy & Simply Chartreuse Buttons, Silver Pearls & Fillable Frames 10 Die, SVG Tag Box file


Birthday Box Supplies
Stamps:  There She Goes Make a Wish, PTI All Booked Up
Paper: Harvest Gold & White
Ink: Memento Black, PTI Raspberry Fizz
Other: Twinery Lemondrop & Pink Sorbet Twine, PTI Raspberry Fizz & Harvest Gold buttons, PTI Mat Stack Die 3, Circle Punch, Pop Dots, SVG Tag Box file


Valentine Box Supplies
Stamps:  PTI Simple Valentine
Paper:  PTI Bitty Dot 2009, Pure Poppy, White
Ink: PTI Fresh Snow & Pure Poppy
Other: Twinery Maraschino Twine, PTI Sweet Blush Button, Circle Punch, Nestabilities Lacey Circle Die, SVG Tag Box file, candy

22 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh my stars girl! These are awesome! The color scheme on the second one is super fun and the twine is the perfect touch on all of them! Great work Jen!

Chris said...

Aww... you always have the cutest button embellishments! I love the little boxes!

Amy Kolling said...

Jen! Long time, no talk!!! These little boxes are just FABULOUS!!! I sort of wish I had a cricut now!! LOL Anyway, I was just looking at my old Sizzix dies and I have a tag that really resembles this....maybe I can make my own box and make some of these! They really are so very creative! I think my favorite is the Valentines with that accordian flower! (on my list of things to try!)

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

So so cute! I love them all!

AuroraDawn said...

Gorgeous little boxes! I gotta have a go at these :O)

Melissa said...

What a great shape! The birthday box is so cute!!

Christina said...

Oh goodness, are these ever cute! I especially love the birthday one in the bright colors! I will most definitely be trying these soon. Thanks for the links!

Terri said...

These are all great! Thanks so much for sharing the SVG file too!

Monique said...

These are soooo cute!!What a fantastic idea for any occasion!! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Linda said...

They are all lovely, Jen. Thank you (and your DH) for sharing the cut file with us. I've saved it for a future project.

Gayatri said...

Adorable tag boxes, Jen! Love how you have used two colors of baker's twine on two buttons. Love all the three of them but my fav is the red one. Great work

June K said...

I love the way you use 2 buttons and the twine along with it. Your accordion card is adorable.

**June**

Diane Jaquay said...

Jen, these are DARLING!!!

Stephanie said...

OMG.......These boxes are just gorgeous!!! You did such a great job with your colors and coloring! I love them! Going to save that template right now. Thanks so much for sharing it!

Chris said...

Wow, I loved all three versions. Very cute!! :)

Maureen Merritt said...

Oh my goodness, I love them all!!! Each one is special in it's own way. Fab job!

Dana said...

Oh my goodness Jen, these are incredible! And woot woot to your hubby for his help in converting files! That cupcake one just grabbed my heart...too adorable, with o[polka dotted frosting and cute colors to boot!

Katie said...

These are WONDERFUL! Who wouldn't want to receive one of these? And there you go, making me want that TSG set again!

Amy Kolling said...

Jen, I just saw your post on the Twinery blog!! Congrats! These were amazing! :)

Laurie said...

These are stinkin' adorable!! I love all of them! I might have to get that file from you! These are really fun!!

Tina said...

Love your little boxes. I tried to download the SVG file but it doesn't seem to work. Have you removed the download? I'd love to get it if you are still offering it to your blog readers. My email address is Tina.Lisenby@aecom.com Thanks!

twindolphin said...

Oooh these Tag Boxes are absolutely gorgeous..... Thanks for the fantastic ideas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...