Monday, January 3, 2011

Praying For You

I loved the colors so much from last week's Curtain Call Color Challenge Act 62 that I had to make another card using them! 


I just love these snowflake stamps from My Cute Stamps...had to use them again! :)  And of course that twine and the pom poms are on the top of my favorites list too right now!


I love how the snowflakes look on the embossed cardstock.  When I saw this embossing folder from Sizzix, the first thing I thought of was that it would be fun to use with snowflakes to show "movement".   Maybe I'm crazy but I like the flowing that the embossing adds.


Well, that's all I have for you today.  I'm keeping this post super short and simple!  Happy New Year everyone!!  Thanks for coming by!

Supplies (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Damask Designs, Fillable Frames, My Cute Stamps Let it Snow
Paper: White
Ink: Aqua Mist, Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate, Tea Dye
Other: Fillable Frames Die, Pom Pom Trim, Cappuccino Twine from The Twinery, Corner Rounder, Pearls, Sizzix Embossing Folder Starry Night

15 comments:

Laurie said...

This is gorgeous Jen! I love that color combo! You are right about the embossing...it really does add movement! Beautiful job on this!

Christine Pennington said...

very pretty! happy new year! hey, did you see i gave you a blog award? ;o)

Christina said...

Love how soft and pretty this is, Jen! You are so right about the embossing creating movement--I never thought of using this folder in this way. Thanks for the inspiration!

Lindsay said...

So much texture! I love it! Those snowflakes are gorgeous Jen! Great card!

StephH said...

Just Beautiful - that lovely texture makes me want to run my hand over the computer screen!Refreshing colors after the reds of greens of last month!

Sara Mac said...

Jen this is so soft and beautiful! I love the texture and colors. The twine and pom poms are a great touch.

Suzanne said...

Stunning, Jen! I love how you embossed over the patterns on the paper and how you paired that twine with the pompom trim. LOVE!!!!! IT!

Karen said...

Jen this is just lovely and I LOVE those cute little pom poms - how sweet are they? lol

Luv Karen
x

Dana said...

Stunning Jen. I love the subtle colors and the way you highlighted a few on the sentiment panel. Just lovely!

Eva said...

Gorgeous...just totally gorgeous, the colors, the snow flakes, the layout all of it is so pretty! Love that embossing plate.....thanks for enabling,lol.

Ted said...

This card just dances across my line of vision, Jen! So elegant and not over-the-top... I love it!

Stephanie said...

Jen, this is just stunning. I love the embossing over the background. It does look like the snowflakes are moving. So clever and beautiful!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Soooo gorgeous!! The combo of the snowflake stamps and the embossing adds SO much texture and dimension! Beautiful card!

Sue Plote said...

Jen, this card is absolutely lovely! I especially love the soft, soothing color scheme you have used...perfect for this card!

Amy Kolling said...

Ok Jen, we ARE on the same page! I just looked at these embossing folders on ebay this morning and thought do I need them? YES, I do! I love the snowflakes too...you made one beautiful card! The little pom trim is adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...