Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Bright Day

Hi everyone!! I hope you are enjoying the Lil' Inker Designs blog hop so far!  If you haven't visited all of the blogs yet, be sure to start here and comment on the blogs along the way as there are several prizes up for grabs!!

Today is a VERY SPECIAL day as it is my son's 9th birthday! It is so hard to believe that he can be that old already!  He is such a great kid.  Sweet.  Tender-hearted.  Thoughtful.  He loves to tell stories and is SO CREATIVE!  Happy birthday kiddo!! I love you!!

Here's a picture of him that I recently took.


And just because I can't resist, here is one of both of the kids!



Today I wanted to share another card I made using Lil' Inker's Rainbows & Clouds set.  This is similar in style to the card I shared here.


Hopefully the message of the card speaks for itself!


I wanted to share a closeup of the fabulous clouds!  I just LOVE the detail on these dies!! LOVE!!  You could probably say that I'm a little addicted to clouds! I love to mix and match all kinds of clouds together and I think it is SO fun to mix patterns/colors of clouds too!


The font in this set is super fun!  I love how the sizes are mixed too!  I added a little bit of yellow "sunshine" peeking behind the clouds and also wrapped some Pink Sorbet twine from The Twinery around the card layers.  I love how it adds just a small accent but a nice punch of color!


If you haven't purchased this set yet, I would encourage you to do so!  The rainbows are SO versatile and so are the clouds. PLUS, they are all PERFECT for something us papercrafters are famous for...using up our scraps! 

Also, did you know that Lil' Inker Designs (LID) has a flickr gallery where you can see projects made using these stamps and dies?  We'd LOVE to see your creations too, so please upload them!  You can also see Lil' Inker projects on Splitcoast Stampers too!  If you upload, use keyword/tag "LID" so we can all easily find your projects! 

I hope you are all doing well!! Thank you so much for stopping by!! And, don't forget, if you haven't visited the Lil' Inker Blog Hop, you have a few more days to comment to be eligible for prizes!

Supplies
Stamps: Lil' Inker Designs Rainbows & Clouds, Hero Arts Cloud Background
Paper: PTI Hawaiian Shores, White, DCWV Glitter, Creative Imaginations, Martha Stewart
Ink: Charcoal Palette, PTI True Black
Other: Lil' Inker Designs Rainbows & Clouds Dies, Twinery Twine, Circle Punch, Pop Dots

12 comments:

Lindsay said...

LOVE the card Jen! The cloud bg in gray is so fun and those rainbows and clouds never get old!

Your kids are too cute! Happy birthday to your son!

Lynn said...

Happy Birthday to your son Jen! Love all those bright cheery clouds!

Kara said...

Happy Birthday to your special guy!! Your kids are too cute:) Love this card too!!

Unknown said...

Your photos of your children are fabulous! Love how you used the frames to "frame" their faces! And your card is fantastic!

Emily Leiphart said...

Happy birthday to your little man, Jen! I love those pics of your kids! And of course I love the card. This one is as fabulous as the other. I love how you stamped on those clouds and grouped them together!

Cathy Weber said...

Your kids are so cute! They look so summery out in the yard in the sunshine. I love your card, you sure do know how to use the Lil Inker sets. I love all those clouds.

Kristin said...

Happy birthday to your son! They grow up to quick :). Love your card as always :)

Dana F. said...

Happy birthday to your son! Adorable picture of both of your kiddos :) Great card, too! Loving the glittery yellow cardstock peeking from behind the cloud layer - such cute little detail to emphasize the sentiment.

Amy Kolling said...

Jen another fabulous card using Lil' Inker!! Love the grey and then making bright clouds.....goes perfect with that sentiment!

What special pictures of your kids and they did a great job posing too! How many takes did it take to get good ones? Brett and "M" would get along so well together! Happy Birthday!!

Laurie said...

I love those plaid clouds! What a cute detail! Your card is adorable! Love the kid pics too!

Vanessa Middleton said...

Oooo ohhhh ooooo, I have that background stamp!!! hehe Those dies match really well. Very cute!!!

kasia c. said...

Everything you do with those stamps and dies is AMAZING!! I LOVE those clouds, the different textures & colours. So pretty!
And great pics of you kids, they are so cute!
:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...