Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Masculine Birthday with Lil' Inker Designs

I don't know about you, but I really struggle with masculine cards!  My dad's birthday was last month and I needed to make a card for him.  He is very into golf and although I have one golf stamp set that I don't really care for, I decided to think outside the box and see what else I could come up with that would fit the theme.

This was the perfect opportunity to pull out my Lil' Inker Designs Sentiment Flag set!


I created a scene...with a very hilly golf green...oops!! Maybe not the best place to put a flag at on a golf course but who knows, maybe this golf course isn't in Kansas and it has LOTS of hills in it, LOL!! 


I cut some hills out of patterned paper and then sewed the tops of them for a little added interest and texture.  I stamped the flag pole with the pattern paper lying flat against the card (BEFORE I adhered it) so that I could line it up perfectly where I wanted it.  Then, I added dimensionals to the back of the hills to pop them up.  For the flag I scored a line at the end of one end and folded it over to give it dimension as well.  The pointed end of the flag is adhered directly to the cardstock.  I also used a cloud die cut to sponge my cloud background.  I punched a white circle with a hole punch to look like a golf ball sitting next to the hole.

My 3-year old also made a card for her Papa.  Here is hers.


She is very into polka dots (like her mom) and asked me to get her a bunch of them so she could glue them onto her card...and, uh, yes UNglue them too, LOL!


Too fun!


Have you checked out Lil' Inker Designs yet?  Take a peek, you won't be disappointed!  Here are the products I used on this card:



I am considering doing another giveaway for a button ring soon!! Would you be interested if I did? 

Thank you so much for coming by today!


Supplies
Stamps: Lil' Inker Designs Sentiment Flags
Paper:   Echo Park Country Drive, PTI Pure Poppy & Rustic Cream & 2009 Bitty Dot Basics
Ink: PTI Spring Rain, True Black
Other: Lil' Inker Designs Sentiment Flags Die, Pop Dots, Peapod Twinery Twine, PTI Wood Buttons, Dimensionals, Sewing Machine

12 comments:

Amy Kolling said...

Jen this is totally COOL!!! I love the hills, the stitching, the sponged sky/clouds. You created the cutest little golf scene! Any golfer would love it!! An awesome masculine card!

Debby said...

Looks like some of the golf courses I've played in Scotland! Sometimes I'd stand on the tee and think "you've got to be kidding me!" Great card and love your daughter's too :)

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

Love your use of patterned paper for the greens Jen! Sadie did a great job with her card too :) I bet she really enjoys creating with her Mama.

Laurie said...

Very cute jen! I am a fan of those clouds masked! Adorable! Those stitched hills look great too!

Stephanie said...

Super cute cards Jen! I may have to do a similar one for my golf-loving husband in the future :)

Kara said...

awesome card and i love sadie's too...so sweet!

Lynn said...

I love Sadie's card...so sweet. And this is a fabulous masculine card! Love the golf flag!

Lisa Petrella said...

Such a clever creation and perfect card for a golfer, Jen! And your daughter did a wonderful job on her card as well----how sweet!!!

Rita Holmes said...

Very cute card Jenn. Also loved the little ones card. My grandkids love to make cards too.

Sara Mac said...

Love this golf card Jen. I need to use more creativity like this when making cards. Great paper choices for your hills. Your daughter's card is too cute. I'm sure her Papa loved it!

Lindsay said...

LOVE the card Jen! The hills and those clouds are awesome!

kasia c. said...

Both cards are super sweet! I love that your daughter made that card. :)

I love your golf course card! Those hills are fabulous. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...