Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Anything Spring

Hello! Have you seen the new solid colored twine that was just released at The Twinery?  Are you falling in love with it yet?   Let me tell you it is beautiful!  When my box of twine arrived and I looked at the beautiful colors all sitting in the box together, I fell in love immediately!  This twine is so vibrant and beautiful and I can tell already that they will be a staple on my workroom table!

The Twinery Design team will be sharing projects all week on The Twinery's blog featuring the new twine and an "Anything Spring" theme.  Today, I have two cards I created for the theme using the new solid colored twine.


First up is a rainbow card.  I used as many of the new colors as possible (the only new colors not included are the 3 neutrals).  Doesn't that twine look so pretty as a rainbow?  



To create the rainbow, I cut a small rectangle out of the top card stock mat with my cricut (you could use a craft knife & ruler to do the same thing) and then started wrapping the twine around it until I created the pattern I wanted.

My second card was inspired by the colors of spring.  It also represents Spring to me in that school is out and I have a summer break where I hope to create, create, create!


I cut the spool card shape on my cricut and stamped my designs.  I used the new Solid Peapod, Maraschino, Mandarin, Caribbean & Marigold twine, along with some other ribbon & trims to decorate the spool. For the butterfly's body & antennas I used Solid Pink Sorbet.  


Isn't that twine so pretty?  Pick yours up at The Twinery shop!  

Be sure to check back on The Twinery's blog each day as the Design Team shows you all kinds of Spring projects featuring the new solid colors!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

Supplies not listed above:
Victory is Mine Card
Stamps:  Verve Wonderfully Made, PTI Scattered Showers, CSS Cloudy Days

Perfect Fit Card
SVG File: Lori Whitlock Thread Spool
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink Button Boutique

4 comments:

Amy Kolling said...

Jen I just adore the spool card.....I kind of have a secret love for shaped cards and this is so homespun and wonderful!!! Love it!!! Only 3 days until our weekend!!!

Julie Robinson said...

I loveeeee these cards! I have already ordered all o the new twine. It is soooo addicting!

Renee said...

Both of these just make me happy!
The bright colors...
how can anyone not be happy looking at these?
LOVE the new solids...
disappointed there's no sampler packs...
I gotta get a group order going...240 yds x 15...
that would last beyond my life! :)

Marybeth said...

Love the use of twine on these cards,beautiful! I also love the solid color! The spool card is adorable! Love that idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...