Wednesday, June 19, 2013

It's a Wrap!

Hey! Welcome back to the last day of the Lil' Inker Designs release week festivities!! From everything I've been hearing from you, you like this release as much as our design team did!  It's fabulous isn't it!? If you are following along in the blog hop, you should have come from Isha's blog.  If you'd like to start at the beginning, visit Laura's blog.

Today I have a couple more cards to share with you.

Chevron Tires

This is a masculine card that I made with the new Cover Up Die: Pieced Chevron.  Have I mentioned how much fun this die is?  When Laura first mentioned this die almost a year ago, I couldn't wait until it was released.  Fast forward to today and we get to see it in all its glory!  LOVE it!  There are so many possibilities with this die.  When my husband first saw this die he said that it looked just like tire tread marks and I decided I'd like to take that idea and run with it.  You've seen how several of the design team members created a mask using this die.  I did something similar to that as well.


Chevron Tires Closeup

I took a thin piece of stencil plastic and cut my die out.  It cut very nicely!  Then, I took some "Ferro Special Effect Paste" that I purchased in Hobby Lobby in the stamping/mixed arts section.  I taped the plastic mask down onto my cardstock with washi tape and then applied the paste with an old plastic gift card.  It dried very quickly.  The first time I tried this I smoothed it out, but it didn't look as realistic as I wanted so the 2nd time I made sure it was bumpy and had more texture.  

The tag was made with one of the circle stamps from Spot On (I stamped that on the arrow as well), a sentiment & border from Mom & Dad Sentiments and then stamped over some of the circles in VersaMark so it is very, very light was one of the lined frame images from the Flags & Tags stamp set.


Hugs Chevron

Another take on the chevron die is to use the pieces that are cut out without the frame.  There are so many patterns you can create doing this!  I used the die to cut out some different patterned papers from Simple Stories Vintage Bliss paper line (if you want to do this technique and not use an entire piece of patterned paper, you can position your die so it only cuts part of the paper) and then pieced them all together on my card.  


Hugs Chevron Closeup


I die cut the frame from the new Stitched Mats: Circles and then stamped the "hugs" sentiment from Spot On.  I cut off the top & bottom part of the circle to make a fun frame and then tied my Solid Blossom twine from The Twinery on.



Thank you so much for joining us this week for this fun Lil' Inker Designs release!  Be sure to leave comments as you stop by the blogs on the hop because random winners will earn great prizes from Lil' Inker Designs! You can check out Laura's blog for all of the prize details!  Your next stop on the hop is to Sarah's blog!

32 comments:

Billie A said...

What a great idea for a masculine card. I can for sure see the tire tread, saw it before I read what your hubby said. I love this look and the possibilities for the chevron die.

Sarah said...

Love the tire tracks so muc, Jen. I think it's my favorite pieced chevron project of the hop.

Loly Borda said...

Both are fabulous Jen, my fav is the first one, it looks great. (I saw Jennifer McGuire using the Ferro paste too. ) TFS

Karenladd said...

Wow, the texture on your first card is so unique! Love how you used the die to make a stencil.

Bev Karolak said...

Very clever idea for the texture! Love it.

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE the masculine card! So clever!

Sue D said...

Love the tire texture on the first card and the quilt look on the second.

Laura Pryor said...

I have never heard of this paste! You've introduced me to something new. Does it come in this color? Did you have to apply color? it looks JUST like tire treads. What a perfect and clever masculine card, Jen! WOW!!

Michelle said...

Amazing cards...... love that chevron die (and all of the possibilities)!

maria f. said...

Both great cards but the first is my total fave. Saw those tire treads before you even mentioned it. Thought it would be a congrats for a new driver!

P said...

Such creative cards and techniques! I love how just cutting off the top and bottom of a Stitched Circle die cut makes it look and function in such a different way- thanks for the inspiration!

Miriam Prantner said...

LOVE the tire tread card, so cool!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!!!

Cathy Weber said...

This is so creative...I guess I have to stop saying this, but it is so true! I love that tire tread idea...so smart!

cm said...

Coolness+++ on the tire tread card, and the hugs is pure awesome! Fantastic projects to 'reveal' the delicious new releases! Thank you for sharing!
c

Mary-Anne V said...

LOVE the masculine tire track card...its always good to ask the hubby's opinion since their brains see different things than us!

Lindsey said...

Love both cards, but that tire treadmark is too creative! Your hubby must be pleased that his idea turned out so awesome.

RedGem said...

Wow... love the chevron cover plate... and it does look like a tire threads!

Unknown said...

I live the tire tracks!!! You crafty genius you...fabulous!!

Houses Built of Cards said...

Both are perfect! LOVE the texture and depth on each one!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Sharron said...

Love the idea for your masculine card--very clever!

Unknown said...

Love the paper piecing with the chevron die - I have SO many scraps that I could use for that technique - thanks for sharing!

canadian_liner said...

That tire tread is something! It looks like it would be lots of fun, and now you have a stencil to use again. Love the possibilities with the chevron die pieces. I'm hoping mine's in the mail already! Great job on this release!

Kara said...

cool tire tracks!

kReN said...

I like that you used the die to make your stencil to use with the paste. Interesting technique. The hugs card is super because of the use of colors and patterns. TFS!

Sue McRae said...

The texture from the paste is fabulous...love the idea of making your own stencils.

Denise Bryant said...

Great cards! Love the texture!

Leigh Penner said...

Okay, I really think I need this die.... I love how you made it look like tire treads! So creative!

Jessrose21 said...

That definitely looks like a tire tread! Very cool.

Karen Day said...

What amazing ideas, Jen! Great inspiration :o)

Dana D. said...

The dies and stamps are sooooo cool. Love them.

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous cards Jen :) :) :)
Can't wait to play!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...