Monday, October 6, 2014

You're so Sweet!


Hey everyone!  I hope you found some time to create on World Card Making Day!  I was busy most of the day Saturday and didn't get a lot made, so I grabbed some time at my desk Sunday afternoon and created as much as I could.  This was one of the cards I made.  It is based off of a sketch over at the Retro Sketches challenge.  We were challenged to pick any sketch from the archive and make a card based on that sketch.

Jen Sweet as Candy & Happy Everything

For my card I used some fun products from the Clearly Whimsy stamp line.  I started by embossing the star burst images from the Happy Everything stamp set in four different colors of embossing powder.  I just really love these images! 

Jen Sweet as Candy & Happy Everything Closeup

That Sweet word die...it is so SWEET!! I really like word dies and this one is so unique!  I embossed the rest of the sentiment from Sweet as Candy - Sweet Sentiments in black.  I had to add in a little sparkle too of course, so I added some 4mm clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.  

This is the sketch I chose from the Retro Sketches archive.

Thanks for visiting!  Hope you have a wonderful week, full of unexpected (and sweet!) blessings!

Supplies
Stamps & Dies: Whimsy Stamps
Embossing Powder: Zing Rose, Leaf, Powder & Butter; Ranger Fine Detail Black
Cardstock: Lemon Tart PTI
Patterned Paper: Simple Stories Hello Baby
Sequins: Pretty Pink Posh Clear 4mm Sparkling Clear


2 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Jenn this is so sweet! Love the colours and the fantastic die cut! Thank you so much for sharing with us at retrosketches this week!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, so fun & pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...