Saturday, November 1, 2014

Clearly Whimsy Stamps Release Day 3


Welcome to Day 3 of the Clearly Whimsy October 2014 Stamps Release!

Today we have some more great sets to share with you!  All of the new stamps & dies that we are sharing are available now in the Whimsy storeMy post today is all about the holidays.  Since yesterday was Halloween I am going to start there! 

Jen Carter 11.1 Scandi Christmas, Penguin Fun

When I was playing with the Penguin Fun dies I noticed that one of them looked an awful lot like a ghost.  I love getting more bang for my buck so I took that die and stamped the penguin eyes onto it.  I also used a light gray copic marker to outline the ghost.  I used the new Scandi Christmas stamp set to decorate the tag.  I stamped one of the borders included in the set repeatedly in Halloween colors, some of which are covered up by the ghosts.  I cut the "sweet" with the Sweet as Candy Large Word Die.

Now moving on to Christmas...

Jen Carter 11.1 Scandi Christmas, Christmas Die

I love making non-traditional Christmas cards with non-traditional Christmas colors.  I love celebrating the true meaning of Christmas, but I just get so tired of red & green.  I like mixing it up a little!  So that is what I did with this card.  I used one of the border strips from Scandi Christmas and embossed each row in a different color.  

Jen Carter 11.1 Scandi Christmas, Christmas Die Closeup

I added some vellum, attaching it by wrapping the backs around the backside of the card mat.  I then attached the beautiful Christmas Large Word die that I cut out of red glitter paper.  I embossed the 'Merry" from the Scandi stamp set and then added some groupings of colorful sequins to match the embossed stripes.


Along with this release Clearly Whimsy is also announcing a new challenge blog called ShowCASe Your Style Challenge blog with the first challenge starting TODAY!!  Here's a little about the challenge: "Our new challenges will be dedicated to Clean & Simple stamping and card making and is brought to you by Clearly Whimsy Stamps. New challenges will post every other Saturday by 8am ET. Our awesomely talented design team will be using Clearly Whimsy Stamps clear sets and coordinating dies on all of their challenge inspirations. Players do not need to use Clearly Whimsy Stamps to play along, but if you have any of our products, we would love to see you use them on your challenge entries."

Today's challenge is to make a card using 3 of the items from the tic-tac-toe grid.  


For the card above, I chose to use the sentiment, red & emboss squares on my card!  We'd LOVE to have you play along!  

Here is a peek at the sets the team is showcasing today:


And guess what!! There is a 10% off sale on all of these new Clearly Whimsy products until Sunday, November 2nd!


PRIZE ALERT ... We have hidden a fabulous prize of a $15 GIFT CERTIFICATE at one of the stops on today’s hop!  Be sure to visit each of the team members and comment on their posts for more chances to win!



Jen Carter -- You are here!
Lisa Henke (GDT)

Thanks for joining me!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

26 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Very creative to make a ghost using the penguin die! Great cards.

Helen J said...

Those scandi stamps have been used perfectly on this card, I love it!

Joan Smith said...

Your Halloween buckets are LOL cute!!
How clever of you!! Your cards are gorgeous I love how you used the Scani Stamps....You sure did super creative jobs. YOU so ROCK!!

Mary J said...

Wow, I love what you've done with the newbies!

loulou said...

Very creative way to use the penguin dies. Love your fabulous non-traditional colour scheme on the Christmas card. That word die is stunning.

Anonymous said...

Love the sweater design. Using the different colors really makes a nice card.
thanks for sharing.

Betty McDougal said...

I absolutely love the card. Great color choices.

Sue D said...

Very creative way to use the penguin die. Love the rows of color on the Christmas card.

sharon g said...

The scandinavian sweater look is great! I love it, being Norwegian and all...

*Vicki* said...

Really adorable treat bag! I love the Scandinavian with your pretty colors and embossing! :)

Lisa Petrella said...

So clever of you to use the penguin die to make ghosts! And I love the comfy cozy feel of those new Scandi images! The new challenge sounds like fun too! YAY!

Kaatje Kip said...

Ohhhh...the Scandinavian stamps are soooo beautiful. Love what you've done to it on your card!

Sue said...

WOW! So fabulous! I love the way you have used the penguin die to make you ghosts. Your card is stunning, I love the colours and wonderful sentiment.
Sue xx

pcm said...

love what you did with that scandi set!

Dee Earnshaw said...

Love the inspiration from both these lovely cards - Those 'ghosts' are awesome. The stamping of the Scandi design makes the card so festive. Thank you

Patty said...

OH MY...super creativity going on here!! That penguin does make a super cute ghost & I love how you embossed the Scandi stamp with different colors!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Both are adorable! Love these new stamps and dies!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Sweet background! Love the colors!

Isabel Z said...

Wow, I love what you created.

Cathy said...

great creativity in your cards:)
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

oh how simply cute and I really love the second card but those ghosts are adorable

Denise Bryant said...

Fun Halloween card and love the Christmas design! Awesome stamps and dies!

Celeste Goff said...

Such great cards! I love that you did a Halloween and Christmas card!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Love how you used the Scandinavian borders in the colors--great card!

Chris L.

Amy Kolling said...

GENIUS......to make those little guys ghosts! Love love love!!

Sarah said...

Loving this card! Is that ink or embossing powder that you used (I can't quite see close enough to tell...) whatever it is it looks lovely. A great way to stay Christmas-y but use alternative colors! ~Sarah L.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...