Monday, November 3, 2014

Flying By to Say Hi!

Hello everyone!! Boy is it windy today here in Kansas!  It reminds me of Pooh's Blustery Day that my kiddos use to watch when they were really little! :)

I found a perfect challenge to play along with for this Fall, blustery day!  This week at The Card Concept the theme is "Thank" Fall.

It didn't take too much to be inspired by this theme considering when I step out the door there are leaves blowing everywhere!

Birch Flying By to Say Hi

I pulled out my Frantic Stamper Small Birch Tree die and cut it out with white cardstock to make the birch trees. I also cut the trees in the dark gray cardstock that I used for my outer frame to fill in the "holes" in the bark.   I love the photos of birch trees with yellow leaves so that is the direction that I went with this card.  I cut "leaves" from 3 different shades of yellow.  I needed small leaves but didn't actually have a leaf die the right size until I realized that the hearts in the Singing in the Rain die set would work perfectly! Score!  I adhered them with micro glue dots which I love to use to adhere small die cuts and sequins with!

Birch Flying By to Say Hi Closeup

To make the leaf trail I used a tool that has been gathering dust lately, my Paper Piercer.  I cut my dark gray layer and my light gray layer out with the Elementals #1 die set.  It's hard to tell from the photo, but I popped up the light gray inside stitched panel with dimensionals so it is slightly raised from the frame.  I cut out the outside frame 3 times and glued it together so it has a slight dimension to it as well without adding a lot of bulk.  The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn's Flying By set which I embossed with Mustard Zing Embossing powder.



Elementals #1 die set




I'm also suppose to explain what card style I used for this card.  That is hard for me but I'm going to say Clean & Layered.



Thanks for visiting today!

8 comments:

Angela Walters said...

This is a very pretty card. I love the small birch trees die and the floating hearts. It's very CAS and beautiful!
Angela

www.lifewithawienerdog.com

Cathy Weber said...

Cute idea to use the hearts in place of the leaves Jen...I can almost feel them blowing softly in the breeze. I'm a big fan of those birch trees too!

AlisonC said...

The trees are lovely and the heart leaves are so pretty.

Yoonsun Hur said...

Oh! So cute card. I love birch tree!! Thanks for playing with us at the Card Concept!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, love the fly away heart.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Amy Kolling said...

Oh I may need this die! The little hearts was such a perfect touch as was using your paper piercer! Those long forgotten tools....LOL

Nora Noll said...

This is lovely!! I really like how you used all the fun dies on here. The hearts as leaves is genius!!

Lindsey said...

Absolutely love this card. The grey base is awesome, I want the tree die now :) and I love that the leaves are actually tiny hearts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...