Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Merry Christmas Ornament Card

This past weekend I got to Christmas shopping!  I say I "got to go" because it is something I actually really enjoy!  Now I'm really in the Christmas mood!  Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to celebrate Thanksgiving this week too but this whole season is about being thankful and grateful to me!  I just love it all!

With that Christmas mood in mind, I have another Christmas card to share with you.  This is a similar card to one I made for the make & take at our Stamping Away weekend in September, with just a few little tweaks to it.

Merry Christmas Bauble Side

I started by cutting my gray panel.  I trimmed it just slightly larger than the shape I would cut out of it.  I used the Frantic Stamper Teardrop Christmas Bauble Background die to cut the negative out of the panel.   

Merry Christmas Bauble Closeup Top

I popped the gray panel up with dimensionals and adhered a piece of pattern paper directly to the card base to add dimension.  I added a gold ribbon piece to the top of the ornament.

Merry Christmas Bauble Closeup bottom

I adhered the lovely Script Merry Christmas die cut to the card panel as well and then added in some sequins to finish the card off.

I'm entering this in the Pink Elephant Challenge Anything Goes.






2 comments:

Kathy Berger said...

Love this card! I especially love the way you use the negative space from the die cut. And you still have the positive die cut to use on another project! I really look forward to seeing it!

Nance said...

Great card. Love that word sentiment die and ornament die! Thanks for sharing it at The Pink Elephant Anything Goes Challenge! Come join us again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...