Friday, March 27, 2015

A Little Bunting...


Well, hopefully the card I am sharing today has already made it to it's recipient!  I told you earlier this week that I spent some time sewing over Spring Break (I'm a secretary at our elementary school).  In fact that sewing project set off a series of events at our household that my husband might say was a series of unfortunate events.  You see, after I spent time sewing I wanted to do some redecorating which required moving some shelves.  No big deal.  Until we realized we would need to patch the wall and we didn't have any paint left to cover up the patch...oops!  So, guess what!  We ended up painting the living room & hallway.  Not my husband's favorite thing to do.  I did a lot of painting on Saturday & Sunday and I promised to spend some more time on it during the week.  But this required his help and that meant not working out in the garage on his race car.  Big props to my hubby! :)

Jen Carter Whimsy Hello Banners

So, back to the card...I had sewn some banners to hang in my home and also sewed some for a friend who, like myself, missed out on getting some when they were on sale.  Although, truthfully, I would have made my own anyway.  So this accompanied a small gift of banners to hang in her new crafty room! :)

Jen Carter Whimsy Hello Banners Closeup

I used the Clearly Whimsy Tremendous Triangles stamp set to create the banners.  I hung them from a string I stamped with the Basic Backgrounds & Borders 1 stamp set (I had previously cut two of the stitched lines apart to make 2 stamps instead of  1).  The sentiment is from the Happy Hello set.

Here's a little sneak peek of the bunting I sewed.  It isn't a great picture (and it was dark when I took this) but once I get my redecorating done, I'll share some better pics of it hanging where it is suppose to be!  I hadn't cut these down yet either.

Bunting Sneak 3

I'm entering this card in the SSS Wednesday Blog Challenge: Anything Goes.


Thanks for letting me share with you today!  I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

Jingle said...

This is a super cute card! Awesome color combination! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...