Monday, May 29, 2017

Freedom


Happy Memorial Day!  I'd like to just take a minute to thank all of those who have fought for our country in the past or currently serve our country now.  Your sacrifices made this country what it is and lets us enjoy our freedoms today.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Jen Carter Freedom Fireworks Cityscape Front 7

For today's card I created the buildings with the Frantic Stamper Cityscape die.  The Freedom is a word die also from Frantic Stamper that I die cut with red glitter paper.  For the sky I used a fun die called Reverse Cut Fireworks.  This is such a cool die (but I had a hard time capturing the full effect.)  

Jen Carter Freedom Fireworks Cityscape Closeup 1

Here's a closeup of how this die cuts.  For the yellow fireworks I put the stars on top of the card base.  For the green & pink fireworks, I put the glitter paper behind the die cut.

Jen Carter Freedom Fireworks Cityscape Front 3

From this angle you can see how the colorful, glittery paper peaks out from behind those little fireworks dot trails.  That is such a fun effect!

Jen Carter Freedom Fireworks Cityscape 6

And one more look of the entire card.

Thank you for joining me today!  Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...