Monday, November 27, 2017

Sunflower Medallions & Cyber Monday Sale with Catherine Pooler

**Catherine Poolers's Cyber Monday sale is still going strong!  Don't miss out on all of the great bargains!  
_______________________________

Since we are still in Fall but quickly heading into Winter, I wanted to share a set of cards I made with the Fall Sunflowers in mind using products from the last Catherine Pooler release.


Sunflowers with Medallions
I'm a Kansas girl and have always loved sunflowers.  I've been wanting to make a sunflower card for months now and so when I was playing with the goodies from the last Catherine Pooler line and saw the perfect new ink colors for sunflowers an idea was born!

Jen Carter CP Medallion Sunflower Trio All 3

Because I couldn't stop with just one sunflower card I made three!  The cards are all very similar.  I used the newly released Medallion Mixed Up Stamps (you can see other cards I made using this set here), Simply the Best stamp setBest in You stamp set and several new ink colors: Daydream, Sauna, Eucalyptus, Green Tea & Icing on the Cake

Jen Carter CP Medallion Sunflower Trio 1

The basic way that each of these cards are put together is that I started by stamping one of the medium sized medallions with Sauna ink.  I then chose a smaller medallion to fit inside that one, inking it with Icing on the Cake.  I stamped it off once on a scratch piece of paper and then stamped it inside the yellow medallion.  I then chose the smallest medallion and again inked it with Icing on the Cake and stamped it again.  I masked off the large medallion and stamped the other two smaller medallions in Sauna ink and Icing on the Cake ink.  For the leaves I pulled out the Best in You stamp set and stamped two of the leaves in that set with Eucalyptus & Green Tea inks.

Jen Carter CP Medallion Sunflower Trio 3

For the next two cards I stamped on kraft paper.  The sentiments on all three cards are from the Simply the Best stamp set.  The scripty best is stamped in Daydream ink and then the smaller sentiments are stamped in Icing on the Cake.  

Jen Carter CP Medallion Sunflower Trio 2

The plaid strips that are either on top of or layered underneath each card are stamped using the very cool Plaid Background stamp.  On the first card it is stamped with Daydream ink and on the last two it is stamped with Sauna ink.

I had a great time combining different medallions to make the sunflowers.  I love how they turned out.  You could make lots of similar flowers in all different colors.  I think they would also look great in Peppermint Scrub ink, don't you? :)

Shop the Cyber Monday Sale
You still have time to shop the Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale today!  But hurry, it'll end soon.  To see all of the products available at Catherine Pooler, click here!


2 comments:

Pamela said...

Your cards are fabulous! What a great idea to use the medallions as flowers.

Holly said...

I LOVE how you made these flowers! What a great idea! Beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...