Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A Little SPRING!!

Well, if you haven't noticed by now, I LOVE bright colors! My eye is just naturally drawn to things that are bright! Even in clothing, I tend to like those kinds of colors although I don't usually buy them because they are usually too flashy!! LOL!!

When I sat down to make this card I was stamping with a Junior High girl from church today, Sarah, and this idea just came to me. I wanted the card to showcase SPRING like the weather outside shouts SPRING today!!

So, what do you think? Does it say SPRING to you???

I colored the Beautiful Places image using colored pencils--that's it! Nothing special, just plain ole' colored pencils. Of course all of the colors that I chose were very bright! Then, I added LOTS and LOTS of stickles. Have I ever told you how much I LOVE stickles?? They are awesome!! If you've never tried them, you HAVE to!! (I'm also very into typing in CAPS today too!!!) The paper is from the TAC Brighten My Day Designer Paper Pack and the ribbon (isn't it gorgeous???) is from Hobby Lobby. The ribbon is great! I got it yesterday at Hobby Lobby and get this--I got 20 YARDS for 50 cents!! Yep, 50 cents!! What a bargain!! I can't wait to get more colors of this!! The paper comes in a pack of 36 (several different colors in each pack) and each page is 8 x 8 for only $6.95.
The sentiment on the bottom of the card is from the new Nurture Your Soul set. GREAT word set!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

This is cute! I do love that ribbon and I especially like how you tied it onto the card! I will have to do that for one of my next cards. Thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...