Wednesday, July 16, 2008

True Beauty

Another layout of my darling Sadie! I love some of these pictures so much (sorry one side of this is so much darker--I just couldn't get the lighting right).

I wanted to share some of the elements I used on this page.


Here you can see how I used a scalloped circle punch and then used a circle punch to punch out the scallop's center creating a scalloped ring. Next, I tied pieces of ribbon around the circle. I unified the pages using this same theme on both pages. You can also see the title up a bit closer. I used the TAC alphabet stamp set "Fancy Bet" for the blocks and then used my souffle pens to add the color. I used the paper distressor to make the edges "frizzy" and then took my ink pad and inked each side. The rest of the title was stamped with the "Simple Bet" alphabet set.


The next photo focuses on the border strip. This is from my favorite new stamp set called "Friendship Strips". I stamped this stamp 3 times with Claret Palette ink to make a continuous strip and then used the edge distressor to distress the edges and add the "frizzy" look again and then inked each side. I also stamped with VersaMark ink onto the green paper with the "Curls & Swirls" set to make the swirlies look like a watermark.


Here's page 2. I tied the pages together using the circles even though this page is mostly just filled with photos.


Here at the bottom you'll see the scalloped border strip which you can mimic by using your scallop scissors (or corner rounder punch) and then taking a hole punch and punching a hole at each scallop. This is a elegant look for both scrapbook pages and cards! You'll also notice that I stamped the "Date Disk" stamp onto cardstock and then used a pop dot to give it dimension after I tied a ribbon through a punched hole. This is one way to change up the disks and make them look unique on a number of pages.


Well, thanks for taking the time to stop by! I hope to share a card using the "Friendship Strips" set soon!

4 comments:

Dianette Seda said...

What a beautiful baby girl you have! She looks lovely. So do the LO, but I couldn't focus in it but the baby in the pics.

kssdesigns said...

I love what you did with the circles on these pages. I just might have to try this!

Diane said...

Sadie is soooo cute! I really need to see her in person! Love your layouts too. Nice job showing the elements up close. ;-)

Becky said...

Now THAT is an adorable layout! But it also looks like you got a beautiful model too! Great use of colors...perfect flow! BEA-Utiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...