Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Card Evolution

I received a store-bought thank you card in the mail that I loved (this girl has GREAT taste in design) and decided to recreate it with TAC stamps that I have. The card above is the card I received. Pretty, huh? The next few cards show what my take on that card was.

Started out simple (notice the score lines above the image).

Decided it would be pretty with a ribbon added.

Thought it would be pretty in a different color, with a different "theme".

Also wanted to try the same card with a different image.

Now those cards look different, but they are the same design. Ink color, ribbon choice, stamp choice and even sentiment choice are all that made the difference. And these cards were QUICK!! You could easily make a set of six or so in 5 minutes...depending on how fast you tie those ribbons!

Supplies:
Paper: TAC Ivory Cardstock
Stamps: TAC Floral Labels, Ordinary Greetings (Happy Birthday), Enjoy Nature (Purple Card)
Ink: Palette Burnt Umber, Claret & Violete
Other: Scor-pal & Ribbon

9 comments:

Jewels said...

Jen,
These are awesome! Very classy and great for any occasion. I love them.
Jewels

Barb said...

Elegant & lovely, Jen!! I love the addition of the ribbon & score lines :)

Sarah G. said...

I love all of these! Very nice!!!

Patti J. said...

Beautiful!!! Elegant!!! Great job!

Trudy Osborn said...

That was so much fun to look at...I loved seeing how the cards kept changing, yet stayed so much the same. As Julie said, these are so classy and pretty.

AmethystCat said...

beautiful! I'm so casin' this idea! TFS!

Chris said...

Wow, each version is terrific! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Love all you can do with a only one card inspiration, a classic design and the use of our talents. Great job!

Bridgett Owens said...

I like each one so much and they are all stunning! What a great concept and I love this as a class idea...fun to show how versatile our stamps are!
TFS!
Bridgett

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...