Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pumpkin Inspiration

Hi everyone! I hope you have had a fantastic weekend!  Mine has been busy but so much fun! I had some girl time yesterday morning when I had some ladies over for a jewelry party and then in the afternoon a group of us headed to Wichita to watch the "Like Dandelion Dust" movie which was great!  Ahhhh, gotta love time with the girls!

Yesterday I received some new Verve goodies but didn't have time to play with them.  Tonight I saw a challenge that I knew I had to play along with because the inspiration was a photo of pumpkins which matched the set I received perfectly!  This is the inspiration piece from The Shabby Tea Room challenge:


We were to use the colors from the photo as our inspiration and/or our card had to include at least one pumpkin in our design.

Here's mine:


Aren't these pumpkins so cute?  I love the design of them so much!  On this next photo you can see that I used glitter on the Spring Moss cardstock strip to add some "zing" to it!  I love the sparkle it gives...so pretty in real life!


The layout for this card was based on the Sweet Sunday sketch challenge #89.


Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed the card!!

Supplies (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps:  Verve Bountiful Harvest
Paper:  PTI Kraft, Spring Moss, Dotty Biscotti, Stampers Select White, Ripe Avocado
Ink:  True Black, Memento Black, Palette Landscape
Other: Buttons, Button Twine, Pop Dots, Glitter, Fiskars Border Punch, PTI Impression Plate, copics

15 comments:

Amy Kolling said...

WOWZERS! Jen, this is fantastic.....both the layout and the coloring! I love your impressed background, the glitter strip, and that fun little scallop on the side! (well, actually I LOVE everything about this!)

Debbie said...

Very cute, Jen! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

Stephanie said...

Just gorgeous! Your pumpkins are colored so perfectly! Love the scored background!

Lindsay said...

Lovely card Jen! I love those pumpkins!

Kay D said...

Love the glitter strip, and the pumpkins are just adorable!

Keva said...

That is adorable! I love those pumpkins!

Eva said...

Your pumpkins are fab...I like that you even used the cement color from the insipration piece.

Lee Anne said...

Love those pumpkins!

Miss Mary said...

Nice coloring on the pumpkins and I love the color combo!!

Mary
Scrap n' Stamp

C Stephens said...

Jen,

The card is fantastic and I just love that stamp set. That may have to be in my next Verve order. Your coloring is great too!

kasia c. said...

You totally rocked this card! I love it! Your pupmkins are coloureed perfectly. :)

Laurie HIMCR said...

Great card! I love the texture! And the pumpkins are perfect! TFS!

Katie said...

This is such a fun layout...going to add it to my ever-growing collection of sketches to try.

Michelle said...

those are some gorgeous pumpkins, GF! Such a pretty card!!

Daniela F. said...

Wonderful card! Love your coloring on the pumpkins. The Dotty Biscotti paper and that impression plate are a perfect complement to your fall theme.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...