Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Damask Christmas

Hello!  Did you all have a nice weekend?  It has been cold and windy here this weekend and I'm sad to say that I am already ready for Spring, LOL!!

I wanted to share another card with you.  This came together pretty quickly and I really like how it turned out!


I love, love, love damask so why in the WORLD it took me so long to order PTI's Damask Designs, I have NO IDEA! 


I just really like this color combo too!  I used this photo from Jay Gee's Nook Challenge #2 for inspiration.


Cute huh?  You can go so many ways with this!  I took my color cue from the photo and went with the "elegant" look of the doily.

I also based the card on the CPS Sketch 197 (I did take a few liberties with this sketch):



Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope you had a great weekend!

Supplies (all PTI unless noted)
Stamps: Damask Designs, Silent Night
Paper: Rustic White, Dark Chocolate
Ink: Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate, Tea Dye, Palette Burnt Umber
Other: Silver Rhinestones, Banner Borders Die, Corner Rounder, Ribbon

13 comments:

Chris said...

Love the touch of brown ink on the red damask...lovely, as usual!

Tricia said...

that is so pretty. Love the use of the banner topper!

Diane Jaquay said...

So pretty and elegant! You know, I've had that damask set in and out of my cart so many times, I love it but then something else always comes along lol! I'll order it one of these days ;)

Jay Gee said...

Very elegant card Jen. The way you have stamped the damask with the chocolate ink on the edges really adds lots of extra detail. Thank you for joining us at Jay Gee's.
:) Judith

Carol's Ink Spot said...

So elegant looking.

Monica K. said...

So gorgeous!! Love the gradient in the damask and the gemstones. I especially love that you didn't use any traditional Christmas images, but it still looks very Christmasy! Beautiful card!!

Sue Ann said...

YUMMY!!! I love how the stamping turned out on this one. Color combo is fantastic!!! LOVE IT~~

Daniela F. said...

Wow, Jen! I really need to give some inky love to my damask set. Haven't used that in ages. Anyway, wonderful card! I particularly love how you darkened the edges for that extra vintage feel.

Amy Kolling said...

Wow, that pop of color in that ribbon is fantastic! This is such a pretty vintage Christmas card....I love that it isn't traditional! I'm glad you picked up the Damask Designs set!

Where is that ribbon from? I must get some! :)

DF said...

So elegant and beautiful! DD is my favourite PTI set. :) I might CASE this for a wedding I'm attending a week after christmas. Hope you have a merry one!

Laurie said...

Jen this is gorgeous! I knew you would cave on this set sooner or later! Love it in red! Good seeing you yesterday!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Jen this is absolutely gorgeous! I hope you are doing well and have a very Merry Christmas!!
hugs,
Melisa

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! I too love damask, but ordered my PTI Damas Designs a LONG LONG time ago LOL! Thanks for playing along with us this month ... Ange

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...