Sunday, July 27, 2014

Lil' Inker Designs Release: Fancy Feathers

Hello everyone!!  It's time again for the Lil' Inker Designs Release festivities! All of the products being shown are currently available in the Lil' Inker Designs store already!  If you are following along in the blog hop you should have come from Heather Campbell's blog and if you'd like to start at the beginning, visit Laura's blog! There are three $15 gift certificates to the LID store up for grabs, so the more blogs you comment on, the better your chances are of winning!

Feathers WM

I love the new Fancy Feathers stamp & die set that came out with this release!  I wanted to try to do something elegant with the set first.  I started with the Cover Up Die: Pieced Chevron.  I put a piece of scotch tape down the back of each strip and then poked out the pieces that I wanted to replace with the gold glitter paper.  This made it super easy to only take out the pieces I wanted to.  Tip:  I marked an "x" on each piece I wanted to replace so that I could see my pattern before I removed the pieces.

Feather Closeup Side WM


I die cut the feathers out of vellum and then embossed them in white & gold.  I embossed the sentiment (don't you just love that font!?) in black (and added some glitter embossing powder on top too!) onto another piece of vellum that had been die cut using the new Pinking Edge Sentiment Flag Set dies.  I attached the feathers to the flag and then added black enamel dots.

I love that this feather set gives you both solid feathers and outline feathers in a variety of different sizes and shapes!




I'll have more to share with you tomorrow & Wednesday so be sure to stop back by!  

Don't forget to comment to win!  The more blogs you comment on, the better your chances are of winning!  There's plenty more inspiration to see using these sets and we'll be showcasing projects through Wednesday!  Your next stop on the hop is over to Karen's blog!  You can see the entire blog list below!

Thanks for stopping by!

Jen Carter -- You are here!

I'm entering this in this weeks Pink Elephant Anything Goes challenge & in the Catered Crop Vellum Recipe Swap!

Supplies
Stamps: Lil' Inker Designs Fancy Feathers
Dies: Lil' Inker Designs Fancy Feathers & Cover Up: Pieced Chevrons
Paper: PTI White, DCWV Gold Glitz
Embossing Powder: Ranger Gold Super Fine Detail, Superior Filigree Fine White

50 comments:

Casey-Diane said...

I love the new feather set!! Very cool.

Lindy said...

Lovely Card. Getting really tempted by these feathers!!

Anonymous said...

Love the feathers AND the background plate! Great card.

Unknown said...

I love the touches of Gold

Kary said...

Your card is so Gorgeous!! Love the pops of Gold - such a lovely effect.

~amy~ said...

This is gorgeous. wow.

cdoggett01@yahoo.com said...

LOVE the pops of gold! Very elegant!

Heather said...

great chevron background, love the the randomness of it.

Brenda C. said...

OMG--that gold embossed feather on vellum is just beautiful! Will definitely remember that one.

Amrita said...

Wow, pretty card! Just love that feather embossed in gold!

Unknown said...

I love the background plate and that you used vellum for the feathers. I've been wanting to work with vellum. Thanks for the inspiration.

Linda Vanorio said...

I love the feathers with the chevron background, they reflect each other perfectly. Great idea!!!

Kristie Goulet said...

Oh, love this, Jen! Very pretty!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so beautiful, I love it.

Gayle said...

Thanks for the tip on how to highlight the chevron die. Your card is lovely and I love the embossed feathers. It really makes an elegant look.

Houses Built of Cards said...

Oh so BEAUTIFUL! Gold and white is perfect, and the feathers just make it better!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, Jen, those embossed feathers look fabulous, and the touches of gold in the background, superb!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the tip on replacing pieces of a die cut. I just tried my first replacement. I got it done but it could have been a lot easier. Love the card. The feathers are beautiful.

Angel said...

Oh my! That Chevron die is the coolest! Love what you did with it! Your card is Perfect!

Gaylynn said...

Gorgeous in every way. So elegant. :)

CJPillow said...

This is an elegant card. It is the first use of the feather that I have really liked.

lisa808 said...

Awesome card--love the gold in the pieced chevrons and on the feather.

Unknown said...

Love your card - very classy design!!

Heather Sudduth said...

Love the coloring on the card!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card...I adore feathers and you did a great job using the Fancy Feathers. I think the black accents just make the card pop and make it look so sophisticated.

MyDivineGrace said...

What a lovely card, Jen. Love your technique is using embosing powder! It really brings together everything! -Vonny-

Linda T said...

Lovely card! I just adore the background die. Love the feathers stamps and dies also.

LisaH said...

Beautiful inlay look with that background die and I LOVE how you added the feathers.

Unknown said...

Very elegant use of the new feather dies. Just a really nice card. Thanks.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Amazing job, Jen. Fun design with these trendy feathers!!!

Amy C. said...

Beautiful! I love the glitter and the pretty feathers.

Mary-Anne V said...

Very pretty...love how you embossed on vellum and used all that wonderful gold.

Sue D said...

Very pretty in gold and white.

DoofyJEss2 said...

Wow. This card is gorgeous. Love the pop of gold in the chevron background! And the embossing is lovely on the feathers and sentiment!

Margarita Navarro-Rivera said...

Love the feathers!

Lindsey said...

Love every single thing about this card! I'm dying to CASE it.

Megan said...

I like the touches of gold!

cm said...

I'll echo the others: these feathers are fabulously wonderfully awesome! You and this release = magic!
~c

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty card! Looks great in white with gold!

KFlaherty said...

This card is so elegant and simplistic. So wonderful!

Donna Cala said...

LOVE the chevron background. The simple color combo lets the feathers shine and make details like the pinked edge stand out.

Thordis said...

WOW's! Your card is amazing. I'm falling in love with those feathers :)

Melanie Makes said...

I really loved the layers and visual of the card and the touch of black is perfect.

Lisa H. said...

gorgeous! looove the gold.

Susan Powell said...

love, LOVE, love the touches of gold! I think I NEED that folder lol

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such an elegant card Jen. Love the pretty feathers.

Cheryl H said...

OOH love the chevrons!

TracyM #6773 said...

GORGEOUS card Jen!!!
LOVE the ELEGANT design & BEAUTIFUL color combo, the embossed vellum feathers are DELIGHTFUL and your inlaid panels with a splash of SPARKLE are FABULOUS - WOW - LOVE IT ALL!!!
THANK YOU for sharing your AWESOME CREATIVE INSPIRATION ... I've pinned this one and hope to make one just like it soon :)

Kari V. said...

Those embossed feathers are just so awesome!

Linda McClain said...

So beautiful! I love everything about this and I love that you played with us at Catered Crop. You're classing up the joint. ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...