Saturday, June 13, 2015

ShowCASe Your Style Challenge #17


**I have lots of new listings for stamp sets for sale on my "Stamps for Sale - Updated" tab above!  Or you can click here.  Take a look if you have time!  Thanks!**

Welcome to another ShowCASe Your Style Challenge!  This week's challenge is to use the sketch that has been provided (shown at the end of my post).

Jen Carter Watercolored Strawberries Card

I decided to pull out a set that showcases one of my favorite summertime fruits for this sketch!  The sentiment was made using the large "sweet" stamp from the Sweet as Candy: Sweet Sentiments stamp set.  I inked it up on my block and then spritzed it with water to get the watercolor look to match the "xoxo's" that were on the top of my patterned paper strip.  After I finished that I stamped the "friend" from the Into the Woods set.

Jen Carter Watercolored Strawberries Card Closeup

For the strawberries I watercolored using distress inks.  I used my water pen to pick up colors from three different ink pads and scribbled them onto white watercolor paper.  I then used the cool strawberry die from the Fruit Trio Die Set (gotta tell you that I love this die!!) to die cut the strawberry bottoms.  I used the same technique (only one ink color) for the strawberry tops.  To finish them off I added a tiny bit of glue and sprinkled some glitter on them. 




I hope you'll play along with us!  We would love to see your creations using stamps from the Clearly Whimsy line, but all products are welcome to be used and no one is disqualified from winning!  The challenge is open for 2 weeks.  You can link up your cards and see the other design team samples by clicking here.  There are prizes up for grabs too, so be sure to check that out!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...