Thursday, August 6, 2015

Quilted Flowers Custom Paper


Hello everyone!  I hope you are all having a great day!

For today's card I used one of my favorite new dies from Lil' Inker called the Quilted Flowers die.  If you haven't seen my video on how many different ways you can use this die, you can view it here.  I used it several different ways on this card.

Jen Carter Quilted Flower Triangle Front 1.1

 I  started by creating my background.  To do this, I used just the stitching die included in the Quilted Flowers die set and laid it on my white cardstock and made a pattern with it.  I love how this custom paper turned out!  

Jen Carter Quilted Flower Triangle Closeup 1.5

For the flower, I cut out the base with patterned paper.  Then, I took a thick piece of vellum and cut out the outline, setting the inside piece aside for use on a later card.  To adhere it I used a GREAT product called Stick It!  You just place it on the back side of your paper and then die cut and then peel away the backing to reveal the adhesive! It makes intricate dies so easy to attach!

Jen Carter Quilted Flower Triangle Closeup 1.2

The happy birthday sentiment is from a stamp set called Pineapple Panache which has some great mix & match sentiments.

I'm entering this card in Addicted to Stamps Anything Goes challenge.  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Dies: Lil' Inker Designs Quilted Flowers die
Stamps: Lil' Inker Designs Pineapple Panache
Cardstock: Fancy Pants Summer Sun, PTI Linen Vellum
Other: Stick It! Adhesive
Ink: Avery Elle Mermaid

1 comment:

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you created your own papers and your flower is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...