Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Embossing Backgrounds with Dies + Video

Hello!  Today I have a card & video to share using die cut card panels as a way to create embossed frames & backgrounds on cards. I LOVE finding ways to get more use out of my stamping supplies! Using a die to cut & emboss is a wonderful way to get more bang for your buck!  It makes the dies so versatile!

First up is a photo of the card I put together in the video.

Jen Carter Embossed Hugs Front

I've used the Floral Eye Dazzler Card Panel Die to emboss the image onto the white background piece.  I LOVE how this looks on the white paper!  And the neat thing is that the back side of this paper looks equally cool only different (you can see that in the video).  I used the Scribble Roses dies to create the flower and the cute "hugs" sentiment is from the Accessory Words #3 die set.

Check out my video on how to create a background like this using the card panel background dies from Frantic Stamper! 


Here's a closeup of the background:

Jen Carter Embossed Hugs Closeup

Don't you love all of that detail...from a die!?  It makes the die that much more versatile!

Jen Carter Wheelbarrow Friends Flowers

Next up is this card that I created using the same technique only this time I've layered on top of it so only the edges peek out.  To create the card I've used the Instant Camera 3x4 Photo Card die & the Wooden Wheelbarrow die.  The flowers are die cut from the Singing in the Rain die set.


You can see a closeup here.  I've used the Basket Weave Card Panel die to create the embossed frame.

Jen Carter Wheelbarrow Friends Flowers Closeup 1

The sentiment is from the Scribble Flowers #2 set.

Thanks for joining me today!

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Eva said...

Oh the first card is my favorite!! Love the boldness!

Eva said...

Oh the first card is my favorite!! Love the boldness!

Toni C said...

Thanks for showing this, I've never quite been sure where to put the embossing mat in the sandwich (I would have been scared the mat would get cut!).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...